MissionSince 1980, Para Los Niños has transformed the lives of thousands of impoverished children in Los Angeles, CA. With a mission to help children and families succeed in school and in life, Para Los Niños is closing the achievement gap for children living in extreme poverty.
What We DoPara Los Niños serves the children and families of Skid Row, as well as Westlake, Pico Union, East LA., Watts and Compton counties in Los Angeles through charter schools, early education centers and community-based programs. Our schools immerse children in rigorous learning and enriching environments, and offer families skills that support academic achievement and financial stability.
Some of our Key Success Indicators include:
- 100% graduating preschoolers are kindergarten ready
- 50% of the 3rd graders are proficient in English Langauge Arts
- Academic Performance Index (API) at charter schools exceeds 800
- 95% daily attendance at all schools
- Mental health and family services available at all school sites