We hire individuals who are motivated to change the world. We seek diverse, mission-driven professionals who embody our values of 100% responsibility, entrepreneurial leadership, growth mindset, radical candor, and mindfulness. Our people are on a constant pursuit of professional and personal growth, and believe that time spent on high-value activities can ignite positive social change.
We are at the intersection of many worlds (for-profit and nonprofit; purpose and business; talent development and corporate social responsibility), and we seek to break down the barriers between these silos to allow talent and resources to flow more freely.
We’re searching for teammates who will help realize our mission. We are an ego-free, passionate, and collaborative team striving to make giving your skills commonplace. Our company culture– a blend of social enterprise, tech startup, and classroom laboratory– gives our employees a unique opportunity to create a more equitable, efficient and effective social good sector, and a more compassionate world.
If you’re passionate about the Catchafire team, but don’t see a clear role for you, we’d still love to hear from you. Email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify "General Application” in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) What is your personal philosophy on work? (3) How will your unique skill set elevate the Catchafire team?
All Catchafire roles unless otherwise stated are based in New York City.
Foundation Accounts Associate (NYC or SF)
ABOUT THE ROLE
As the Accounts Associate, you will be a part of the team entrusted with managing some of our largest and most impactful partnerships with grantmaking foundations. You will support the Accounts team and will also work collaboratively with Catchafire teammates across marketing, business development, product and tech in order to create great experiences for our partners. The person best suited for this role is naturally organized, has excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and has exceptional attention to detail. You have a desire to learn about program design and implementation, client management, marketing strategy, and tech and product development.
Support the Accounts team on key program activities for either Catchafire’s West or East Coast accounts. This work may include:
- supporting the development of a client management and engagement strategy
- preparing client meeting deliverables and drafting pre and post meeting emails
- managing junior level client contacts and owning those relationships
- coordinating client and internal schedules
- Support program launch activities by project managing internal and external stakeholders, including creating contact email lists, drafting copy, monitoring campaigns, and event planning
- Prepare robust client decks that effectively convey program impact and illustrate compelling nonprofit stories
- Monitor progression of ongoing programs against client success metrics and internal goals
- Conduct background research and analysis to inform client engagements and share sector trends and learnings with internal stakeholders
- Systematic: You work methodically and like to create appropriate and effective structures to help you and your team accomplish goals.
- Unwavering attention to detail: You understand the professional standards that our clients expect, and you hold yourself and your teammates to a high bar of delivery. You ensure that every piece of work that is produced under your watch is excellent.
- Relationship acumen: You begin by listening and asking rather than telling your opinions. You make your teammates feel heard and are able to explain a complex situation or process simply in order to establish buy-in and avoid confusion.
- Collaborator: You are empathetic and supportive, winning the buy-in of your team by demonstrating servant leadership qualities. You ensure that your teammates understand their role on the team and that they work well together to achieve the right end result for the client.
- Do what it takes attitude: No task is too small or arduous if it is in service of the larger mission. You are hungry for responsibility and can see how tiny pieces of work elevate an overall experience.
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
You must have:
- 2+ years of relevant work experience supporting client facing or partnerships teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent creative problem solving and critical thinking ability
- Project management experience
It would be nice if you had:
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, data and task management tools
- Experience in nonprofit or philanthropy
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
HOW TO APPLY
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to email@example.com. Please specify "Foundation Accounts Associate" in the subject line, and include short answers to the following questions:
- Why do you want to work at Catchafire?
- What does it take to be a great team player?
This position is based in either New York or San Francisco.
Digital Marketing Associate
About the Role
Catchafire is looking for a Digital Marketing Associate who is passionate about creating and executing cross-channel marketing campaigns that educate, inspire and drive action.
As part of a growing Marketing team, your role includes coordinating projects that touch digital content, video, graphic design, as well as copywriting. You’re a double threat with the skillset to tell a story through design, copywriting, and data. Your day to day work will be executing on our email campaigns, copyediting content, and designing for our social channels.
As a lean, centralized team, being part of marketing means contributing to a broad spectrum of strategies to engage our volunteer and nonprofit end-users including client launches, content strategy, feature development and impact reporting. In the Associate role you'll have the opportunity to take on a myriad of responsibilities and collaborate with accounts, design, product and user engagement teams. This role reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Execute flawlessly on our daily marketing activities including e-newsletters and social media, which includes designing, building, and proofreading.
- Design email and social creative assets with support from our Design team.
- Clued in on innovative marketing practices and social media trends.
- Encourage the evolution of our email program and apply a customer-centric content strategy.
- Monitor metrics and understand what success looks like in terms of KPI targets and help us capture, track and report on our progress.
- Support as needed special projects that will help to build our brand including, but not limited to: conferences, speaking engagement, press engagements, etc.
- Creative Judgement - You have a strong design sensibility and appreciate that the right combination of images and copy can be impactful, evoking emotions and inspire actions. You naturally double or even triple check your work without being prompted because you know that the details matter.
- Superb Communicator - You are able to write both creatively and directly in order to create powerful campaigns. Internally, you keep your stakeholders in the know and elevate issues or questions clearly and promptly to keep workflows moving.
- Humility - You can take critiques of your work well and respond to feedback thoughtfully without offense. You constantly strive to improve your skills, knowledge and personal development.
- User Focused - You ultimately care most about how our users will respond to our messaging and campaigns. To ensure our messages land, you are curious and focused on what will resonate with and deliver value to our users.
What We're Looking For
Ideal candidates must have:
- 2-3 years experience in digital marketing with a passion for great graphics
- Prior experience working within an email management system
- Comfort using design tools (i.e Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Sketch); experience with digital and print design is a must
- Excellent written communication and copywriting skills
- Familiarity working with and analyzing data.
- Superior project management skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- A storyteller who is looking to be equal parts marketer and designer
- A team player who appreciates a quirky sense of humor
- Video editing experience is a plus
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience
- Comprehensive benefits
It's an exciting time here at Catchafire as we grow our Marketing team to reach & engage our thriving user base of passionate volunteers and inspiring nonprofits with a best-in-class product.
If our values resonate with you, email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please specify "Digital Marketing Coordinator” in the subject, and include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) Tell us about a successful marketing campaign you worked on or a graphic you designed? What was the challenge or opportunity? Where did you get your creative inspiration for it and how did it influence your final product?
This position is based in New York City.
VP, Strategic Partnerships
About the Role
Catchafire’s Strategic Partnerships team is the key revenue driver of the company and supports Catchafire’s mission by accelerating the adoption of Catchafire by grantmaking foundations, philanthropic institutions, companies and, ultimately, professionals and nonprofits.
We generate opportunities via thought leadership and key relationships. The essence of your role will be to forge new business partnerships and shepherd our high quality leads all the way to close. This includes developing sophisticated and effective proposals, managing a robust pipeline, cultivating relationships, and effectively communicating the value of Catchafire to strategic stakeholders in complex organizations.
Your success in this role will require you to operate effectively as a stellar enterprise sales person and an extraordinary problem solver, project manager, and team player.
- Lead large, complex deals from start to finish
- Efficiently and effectively create and cultivate leads that translate into qualified opportunities
- Shepherd qualified leads to close by selling strategically through a complex organization
- Develop the arc of the sale and seamlessly lead client stakeholders along the way
- Develop pricing, deal structure, proposal, and presentations to drive forward the sale
- Negotiate terms and close
- Mentor and train junior members of the sales team
- Collaborate with the Product, Tech, and Accounts Teams to continually improve the design of our solution and contribute to the setting of Company strategic objectives to best serve our long-term mission
- Strategically cultivate relationships within the foundation sector so that they serve as advocates, ambassadors and connectors for us
- Conceive of and lead innovative and compelling convenings of foundation leaders (i.e. a Summit, monthly dinners, etc) where Catchafire is a thought leader on capacity building and civic engagement
- Translate industry knowledge and a keen understanding of sector challenges into opportunities and strategic new initiatives for Catchafire
- Be an active leader at the company-wide level, sharing insights and learnings and helping to shape our offering to meet the philanthropic and nonprofit sector's needs
- Visionary: You have demonstrated ability to create demand and sustain relationships for a visionary product or service. You are often regarded as a thought leader.
- Manage through relationships: You understand what it takes to get things done in a complex organization with many decision makers, and you are able to motivate different individuals up and down an organization to take action. You can effectively read people to know what is going on in the room in order to calibrate the level of interaction in a variety of scenarios. You see opportunities via relationships; you create a sense of mutual accountability, inspire action, and follow up effectively to ensure momentum.
- Entrepreneurial: You maximize the resources around you to chart a path to the goal.
- Set and execute a vision: You can see the long-term vision for the program and account based on where Catchafire is headed, and you are able to identify the steps and plan the path to get there. You are often the person that sees opportunities before anyone else, and you bring your team and client along with you because you can visualize the way forward.
- Keep many balls in the air: You are efficient and organized. You can take in a range of events at different levels of urgency and importance, formulate responses, and keep progress going on many fronts at once.
- Intentional leader: Over the years you have developed an effective and intentional leadership style that is true to your own personality. You are a leader who believes that you are both a teacher and a student. Some may call you a "servant leader," but you know there is much more to it than that. You manage to people’s strengths, and your goal is to help them become the best they can be.
Experience / Background
- You have 15+ years of relevant experience and a strong proven track record of closing complex deals and building strategic client relationships.
- Experience working in a nonprofit, philanthropic institution, or social enterprise, preferably with experience in Development or Major Gifts
- Experience that establishes an intuitive understanding of how large organizations work and an ability to quickly speak the language of different companies and/or large foundations. Ideally, both.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at a time while paying attention to detail
- Excellent presentation and verbal and written communications skills
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to email@example.com. Please specify "VP, Strategic Partnerships" in the subject, and please include short answers to the following questions: (1) Why do you want to work at Catchafire? (2) What is your personal philosophy on work? This position is based in New York City.