Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Saved on 0 projects and calls
This is the total value we've estimated for all projects matched. Learn more about how we calculate project savings.
MissionBCIITY (Baltimore City Intergenerational Initiative for Trauma & Youth) promotes healing and thrive-ability through collaboration, resource generation, and network-building, with special attention to youth-serving organizations.
What We Do* We have served 70 organizations who serve over 3,000 people and have had over 300 unique people participate in our coalition meetings since 2016, with a consistent 35-40 participants monthly.
* We have disseminated over $3.5 million dollars to fund hyper-local (within specific community blocks) solutions to challenges designed and implemented majorly by the people living, working, and/or worshipping in those communities. Over 73 grants (up to $20,000 each, and $50,000 in 2020) have been awarded to predominantly Black-led organizations.
* During COVID, the efforts of our members and partners did not slow down. They engaged 1,915
community members through 350 workshops for youth during the pandemic, not including the
dozens of food, education and "hygiene essentials" drives carried out.
* Over 71% of our coalition members and funded partners hire staff directly from the community
and over 57% of our partners hire youth and young adults to address the workforce development factors that contribute to many of the intergenerational mental health challenges.
* At least half of our grantees from years 1-3 have reported being able to secure more funding since receiving a BCIITY grant, and 2 of our grantees (who received their first grant from BCIITY) have now (2020) been able to exceed $100,000 in their operating budget.
* Over half of our board members are previous grantees that wanted to stay connected and give back to BCIITY.