What We Need
- A written analysis of the Organization's position in the community it serves and its ability to address identified needs/problems for its beneficiaries
- A summary of the Organization's strengths and weaknesses, related to its program goals as needed
- A summary of competitors or potential collaborators
- An appendix of all data gathered to perform analysis, including sources
We need exactly this!
What We Have In Place
- We currently have a year of successful operations under our belt, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have data and an impact report, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $10,948 , allowing us to use all the funds we have for student stipends
We need to be able to articulate our broader goals and vision as we grow
About The Org
More Than Bootstraps
More Than Bootstraps builds a community of first-generation, underrepresented students who empower each other to access and succeed in higher education.
What We Do
First-generation college students have tremendous resources, including experience overcoming adversity and an ability to code-switch and thrive in different cultural environments
More Than Bootstraps builds on the strengths and resources of these students. We train Leaders (current college students) to mentor their younger peers with the college search, college application, and financial aid process. Our Leaders also address questions and concerns about college-going and help their peers and families what to expect and how best to prepare for the challenges of higher education.
Our Leaders are not only models and mentors; they also benefit from being part of a leadership community of collaborative, college-going peers during the first two years of college as they themselves are encountering the challenges of the transition to college. As first-generation college students, they face challenges and uncertainty; but as part of a community of Leaders, they are reminded that they are already on the path to success and uniquely prepared to guide their younger peers on that path. While mentoring their peers, our Leaders build their own confidence and strengthen their resilience.