We started the Nama Wellness Community Centre (NAWEC) in 2014. Since then they have rapidly expanded, registering as a separate NGO in 2018. For fundraising, partner development, and community interaction they need a well-functioning website. We have developed a draft, but would love some input on how to finalize it.
The Komo Learning Centres (KLC) was established in 2008 to provide community-based educational opportunities for vulnerable & disadvantaged children in the Mpoma community of Uganda.
Our Community Development efforts in Uganda are based on a holistic approach that deals with all interconnected aspects of issues affecting sustainable development. We value beneficiary leadership and participation above all else. Our staff works with community leaders and local NGOs to find sustainable means of addressing the following areas: Health, Education, Agriculture / Food Security, Capacity Building and Livelihoods with a special focus on youth.
Our active projects are:
1) Partnering with and funding community based organizations to conduct village health outreaches focusing on malaria prevention, HIV testing and treatment, family planning education and services, water and sanitation, and youth friendly services.
2) We have built a health clinic to operate as headquarters for the health outreaches. The health clinic has a distinct center for youth to be able to access counseling and services in confidentiality.
3) A pilot project to take out of school youth through an 18 month leadership and entrepreneurship program to help them achieve gainful employment and improve livelihoods.
4) Working with a community primary school to ensure food security for the school, offer nutritional classes to combat mal- and under-nutrition, and to generate income.
5) Directly sponsor about 120 youth in secondary, vocational and tertiary level schools.