The "medical" stipend that the 3 employees received in 2018 is no longer funded in 2019. Our entire staff is also moving towards a QSERHA for an official medical stipend.I would like to end the stipend these 3 staff members received ASAP, but do I need to give a 30 days notice? We do not have any language addressing this stipend in our handbook and no documents were signed."Phone Calls" are 1 hour, one-time calls with an organization. Learn the difference between volunteering on a Phone Call and a Project here.
We are a membership based non-profit that has been an integral part of the community for over 20 years. We educate children at our gardens and in schools. We cultivate 5 greenspaces in Decatur and Atlanta; and we build community at our gardens through our year round programs and events.
Our special mix of hands-on environmental education, community programming and organic gardens inspires greener, healthier, more connected communities in metro Atlanta.
* We bring the wonders and science of nature to 16,000 schoolchildren a year to create a more inclusive, better quality of life for us all.
* We lead by example, offering classes and expert coaching to show our neighbors how to preserve and protect our natural environment.
* We bring locally-grown food into schools and underserved communities to teach everyone about healthy eating.
* We bring neighbors together through our educational children's camps and community events that range from beer gardens and campfires to ice cream socials and concerts.
* We maintain five different gardens - two in Atlanta and three in the Decatur area - as a year-round resource for local communities.
* We offer seven acres of magical places filled with Hobbit Houses, fairy gardens and wildlife for you to explore and connect with nature and neighbors.