What we need
- Assessment of current donors, volunteers, beneficiaries and other constituents to pinpoint people who are interested in serving your Organization
- Informal staff and board interviews to survey potential connections and/or leads
- A document of up to ten pages that lists potential board members based upon your Organization's data and current audiences
- Note: The Professional will not be communicating with prospective board members.
We are a registered charitable organization that provides English as a second language, Citizenship training and computer skills to legal refugees and immigrants. Our board is aging and we would like to prospect for qualified candidates to enhance our board. We would like to add 3 board members, so identifying a reasonable pool of 6 or 8 people would be desirable. The candidates should reside in the greater Philadelphia area and have strong community connections to assist in fund raising
What we have in place
- We currently have volunteer list, student list, donor lists and staff support, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have annual report, strength and weakness and opportunity report, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How this will help
This project will save us $5,198 , allowing us to expand our program to allow for more students.
As the board ages we need new members to support the organizational efficiency and fund raising aspects.
About the org
Welcoming the Stranger
Welcoming the Stranger is a non-profit that provides free educational opportunities to immigrants and refugees in the United States. We provide free classes in English, computer skills, and citizenship preparation to adult immigrants and refugees in Bucks, Montgomery, and Hunterdon counties in the Philadelphia, PA region. Classes are offered to all students regardless of gender, ethnicity, religion, or national origin.