New Vision Foundation is an immigrant-led nonprofit organization whose mission is to create pathways to success by motivating disadvantaged youth in Minnesota through coding and digital literacy classes. Core customers are African immigrant youth aged 13-18 years, and the communities working to engage them as part of larger education, employment and economic development strategies.
What We Do
Key program areas are:
1. Coding Classes. Course work begins with fundamentals of coding and advances to cover all specialized aspects of Information Technology. These classes will help the participants increase skills in coding, digital literacy, data-driven decision-making, problem-solving and critical thinking.
2. Internship: We have partnered with STEP-UP/Achieve MPLS, Right Track in St Paul, and Minnesota High Tech Association (MHTA) to secure IT internships for program participants.
3. Mentorship: We have partnered with local institutions of higher education to provide each participant with a mentor to provide guidance on life and career choices.
4. E-pal Program: We create digital collaborations between local participants and their peers in NVF programs in East Africa, to facilitate cross -cultural communication and learning.
5. Community Engagement: We facilitate community engagement opportunities for parents, families and the broader community centered on positive use of technology.