Customer Success Manager
Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. Here are some ways to get to know us better:
About the Role and the Department
The Customer Success Manager works at the heart of Catchafire’s mission by supporting our end-users (nonprofits and volunteers). In this role, you’ll be managing and scaling our Customer Success team and providing the tools and expertise to make the matches between our nonprofits and volunteers successful. Our Customer Success team is responsible for communicating directly with these users, helping them get the most out of Catchafire, solve their biggest challenges, and provide an experience that feels seamless. Help us craft the future of Customer Success at Catchafire and turn more matches into successful engagements.
- Natural communicator and relationship-builder: You’re authentic, empathetic, and able to communicate clearly through any channel. When you speak, people understand and believe you.
- Creative problem solver and analytical thinker: You think through problems methodically before prescribing a solution. You can zoom out and see the bigger picture, and prescribe scalable, creative solutions.
- Empathetic challenger: When you manage others in a team or project, you are both a supporter and a challenger. You expect the best of those around you, while creating an environment where people want to be.
- Quick to learn and adjust: You process large amounts of information quickly and grow with every experience. You are not afraid to try something new, and are constantly thinking about what we can do better by applying what we have learned so far.
- Cool and composed: You’ve seen every kind of customer service challenge and you’re ready to solve the next one. You maintain composure and thoughtfulness at every stage: from gathering information to sharing your outcome with the team.
- Manage, scale, and provide outstanding people leadership to a happy and high-achieving Customer Success team: this looks like increasing the diversity of the team, integrating inclusive practices, and working collaboratively to ensure equity across your team in working toward and achieving their career goals
- Triage and respond to challenging and complex support situations, bringing in outside expertise where appropriate
- Become an expert in Catchafire’s backend administration tool and collaborate with our Product team to create long-term solutions that improve the experience for both customers and your team
- Lead a cross-departmental team responsible for the transactional emails that users receive during the matching process
- Create project management content, tools, and training for users to navigate independently with the aim of turning more matches into completed projects
- Represent Customer Success and project management expertise as part of the team continuously improving our project menu for nonprofits
- Implement changes to our process and Product that will ensure seamless and successful collaboration between nonprofits and volunteers
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
In order to be successful in this role you must meet most, if not all, of the following needs:
- 3+ years of work experience supporting customers and independently handling delicate customer concerns in an empathetic, thoughtful manner
- Experience managing and growing people at early stages in their career and a commitment to fostering an internal culture of equity and inclusion
- Experience working with Saas model platform or technology-driven service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with and making the most of complex customer support systems (we use Intercom)
- Work or volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector and ability to understand and communicate about nonprofits' challenges
- Experience supporting a diverse range of customers or users, keeping the needs of underrepresented communities, the organizations that support them, and your team’s learning and development of these concepts front-of-mind in all decision making
The following is an optional, “nice to have” experience that would aid in our understanding of a candidate's long-term success in this role. Applicants are not expected to have the following in order to apply / be considered for this role:
NICE TO HAVE
Though not required to apply, we’d love if you had working proficiency in French or Spanish.
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to [email protected]. Please specify "Customer Success Manager"in the subject, and include short answers (150 words or less) to the following questions in lieu of a formal cover letter:
- What interests you about this position?
- Tell us about a customer support situation that required you to go above and beyond.
Catchafire’s office is based in NYC, though we will be working remotely as long as COVID-19 persists. We consider our employees’ safety as a top priority and we will continue to assess our return date and when we will resume work travel as the situation progresses. We also provide accommodations to help with home office set up.
This role may be remote full time and based in the continental US, with the expectation that the employee is willing and able to travel to the NYC office periodically.
Catchafire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are also welcoming to any reasonable accommodations that can be made for candidates in our hiring process.