New Employee Onboarding
New Employee Onboarding
What We Need
- A written document that identifies the Organization's timeline, onboarding goals, recommended responsibilities and support for new hire success:
- An onboarding checklist and timeline template that can be completed by the Organization for each new hire
- A suggested checklist and template outlining onboarding methods the Organization should pursue to meet its goals (human resources and information technology materials, department presentations, mentor assignment, skill sharing, etc.)
- Recommendations on how to delegate onboarding responsibilities within the Organization or department, if applicable
- A short plan for communicating with the new hire prior to their first day of work
What We Have In Place
- We currently have culture statements and job descriptions, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have experienced staff, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $8,686 , allowing us to expand our reach and programming to students in our community
This project is important because we are looking to expand our current staff to be able to impact a higher number of students.
About The Org
Downtown Boxing Gym Youth Program
Through education, athletics, mentoring, and intervention, Downtown Boxing Gym (DBG) empowers Detroit youth to be positive and productive members of society.
What We Do
Since 2007, founder Khali Sweeney and his team have provided a free, after-school, safe-haven for Detroit youth between the ages of 8 and 18. From humble beginnings in a former car wash with only a handful of students, DBG has grown to currently serve 150 boys and girls, in a renovated printing press. Our students are African-American, Arab-American, and Latino, from 28 different zip codes. The philosophy behind our motto 'Books before Boxing' has encouraged 275 high school graduates and continues to help maintain our 100% high school graduation rate. We serve our mission Monday through Friday, all year long, with a powerful combination of tutoring, academic intervention, enrichment programming, career exposure, college and career readiness, athletics, and community service. Our team provides transportation from school and back home each evening, as well as a daily snack and evening meal. Through countless partnerships, we're able to provide field trips to science and history museums, art institutions, professional sports events, and cultural exchange programs.