New Employee Onboarding
New Employee Onboarding
What We Need
- A written document that identifies the Organization's timeline, onboarding goals, recommended responsibilities and support for new hire success:
- An onboarding checklist and timeline template that can be completed by the Organization for each new hire
- A suggested checklist and template outlining onboarding methods the Organization should pursue to meet its goals (human resources and information technology materials, department presentations, mentor assignment, skill sharing, etc.)
- Recommendations on how to delegate onboarding responsibilities within the Organization or department, if applicable
- A short plan for communicating with the new hire prior to their first day of work
As our team continues to grow, we want to make sure that volunteers, contracters, staff, and board members have a really clear set of steps to learn about and become part of the orgs culture.
What We Have In Place
- We currently have new onboarding process for board members, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have a new onboarding process for interns, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $8,686 , allowing us to hire an HR firm to manage our process.
We want people to be up to speed and ready to engage with the work as quickly as possible.
About The Org
WORDS BEATS & LIFE
The mission of Words Beats & Life (WBL) is to transform individual lives and communities through Hip-Hop culture in all its forms. As a set of cultural practices and art forms with a global reach, Hip-Hop has demonstrated its power to transform the lives of young people around the world and right here in the nation's capital.
What We Do
WBL is an unapologetic advocate for the transformative power of Hip-Hop culture in all its forms, empowering young artists to relentlessly create and refine systems that demonstrate positive change through our individual and collective brilliance. We embrace the sacred nature of our work and our roles as keepers and innovators of our culture. We create arts-based educational experiences that equip youth, arts managers, teaching artists, and scholars to move from theory to practice. We harness the power of the imagination to reshape the lives and communities we serve.