What We Need
- Recommendations on active and passive recruiting and proper channels to pursue candidates
- Guidelines for hiring process, including order and number of interview rounds, reference checks, and general best practices for an inclusive interview
- Effective interviewing techniques and clear, consistent standards for evaluating candidates
- Tips for negotiating details such as compensation package and title
ReStore, Habitat for Humanity's resale store/donation center, is struggling to generate quality leads when hiring for entry level roles. While retention in retail is always a challenge, the quantity of people applying has significantly decreased over the last year. Our organization is looking for help devising a recruitment strategy to generate a consistent stream of applicants for both our store associate and driver/mover positions.
What We Have In Place
- We currently have job descriptions, current recruitment tactics and some anecdotal information about the challenges we're facing around hiring. Our HR Manager is onboard with this project. I, Jake Brandt, am the organization's Marketing & Communication Director who is also onboard to help develop strategy and implement tactics that may be outside the scope of the HR Manager's expertise. Store managers, who have been involved in the hiring process, could also be accessible.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $4,806 , allowing us to help more local families struggling to afford a safe, stable place to call home.
ReStore is the largest single fundraising source for Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity, yet is struggling to maintain adequate levels of employees. Each year our three stores raise hundreds of thousands of dollars to build safe, affordable homes in our community. ReStore staff are at the heart of our operation: accepting, preparing and reselling donations to the public. However the lack of staffing is leading to an inability to service donors and customers - ultimately limiting our impact.
About The Org
Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity
Seeking to put God's love into action, Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity brings people together to build homes, communities and hope. Our vision, a world where everyone has a decent place to live.