What We Need
- A compelling narrative, or set of stories
- Persuasive copy that can be used in appeals to donors, annual reports, grant applications, and media relations
- Popular examples: Organization's founding story, a program achievement or milestone, a look back at the past few years, organizational backgrounder, etc.
- Note: This project is not intended to support your general content planning or marketing but there are several projects in our Marketing & Communications category which are a good fit!
Our health center will celebrate our 5th anniversary in fall 2022 and we are need compelling stories to accompany press releases, funding appeals, and to set the stage potentially for a capital campaign to launch next year. Corktown Health is the first nonprofit in Michigan to focus on improving health in the LGBT community. We aim to use the vignettes and success stories to inspire financial support from LGBT persons and allies.
What We Have In Place
- We currently have chief advancement officer and a contracted PR firm to assist, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have service level and demographic data as well historical info, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $2,397 , allowing us to since Jan 2021 the agency has provided $123,759 in free medical and behavioral health services to people without insurance. And we are in need of additional capacity building
We have been successful with receiving grant funds and now we must increase individual and corporate giving. We envision a statewide effort to replicate some of our best practices in physician training and providing affirming care to persons who identify as LGBT
About The Org
Health Emergency Lifeline Programs
Corktown Health Center works to improve the health of LGBTQ persons in Michigan by providing a range of medical and behavioral health services and by providing training to clinicians and others.
What We Do
-Primary Medical Care
-Behavioral Health Care
-HIV Care and Treatment
-HIV Supportive Services
-Aging Services including specialty medical care
-Health Education regarding tobacco use, hypertension, obesity, and diabetes