New Employee Recruiting
New Employee Recruiting
What We Need
- A clear job description for an open position
- A list of interview questions pertaining to the position
- An interview rubric
- Recommendations on qualified candidates that the organization should contact and recruitment platforms to use
- Note: This project does not include salary/benefit recommendations or offer letter construction.
We are in need of a cadre of teaching artists and counselors/social workers with experience working with youth to work as a team of two (artist & counselor) facilitating a healing arts program with groups of young people ages 8 to 19.
What We Have In Place
- We currently have program and role descriptions, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have current staff serving in these roles, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $1,765 , allowing us to put more energy and time into the training of staff to prepare them for the work.
Good Journey is entering into a contract to provide the healing arts program to a greater number of youth in different spaces and needs more staff with the proper qualifications and experience to join the team.
About The Org
Good Journey Development Foundation
The mission of Good Journey Development Foundation (Good Journey) is to support and build sustainable communities and young leaders who take responsibility for the improvement of our communities and who promote cultural understanding that contributes to the betterment of society.
What We Do
Good Journey develops youth leaders and community builders. To accomplish the mission, Good Journey implements holistic programs that demonstrate care for the individual and collective, and include four proven strategies: 1. Develop young people's connections to their identity, culture, and community 2. Recognize youth as community assets and experts 3. Engage youth as community leaders on issues that matter to them and 4. Bring youth and adults together as equal partners. Good Journey programs implemented to accomplish the mission are:
- Our Community Our World for ages 11 to 17, for 9 to 12 months. This program includes community leader interviews and podcast creation, a Youth Community Garden, cultural exchanges and other community service projects.
- Youth Community Organizing & Social Action for Equity for ages 14 to 21, for 9 to 12 months. This program includes mental health and self-healing workshops and community service and organizing.
- Skills 4 Life for ages 8 to 25, with varied timing. This program includes skill and character development leading to reduced recidivism, job readiness and improved community engagement.
- Summer Leadership Academy for ages 9 to 16, for 7 to 8 weeks. This program includes academic achievement, community service, life skills, STEAM, careers and entrepreneurship, and social justice through art.
- Xpress U Thru Art for ages 8 to 25, for 25 sessions. This program includes the combination of therapy and art projects, and improved community engagement.
- Art In Our World for ages 8 to 18, for three weeks. This program includes an African art exhibit with youth as docents, African art, culture and entrepreneurship workshops and community and artist culture and history dialogue.
- LIVE Black Youth Corps for ages 11 to 21, for two years. This project includes youth organizing and advocating for racial equity in youth spaces.