What We Need
- A written analysis of the Organization's position in the community it serves and its ability to address identified needs/problems for its beneficiaries
- A summary of the Organization's strengths and weaknesses, related to its program goals as needed
- A summary of competitors or potential collaborators
- An appendix of all data gathered to perform analysis, including sources
We are a nonprofit early intervention center located in the Bronx. We chose the Bronx because it has the lowest early intervention participation of all 5 boroughs. The employment numbers, early intervention numbers, research about access to special education services, and the disparities between the boroughs is what we need to be able to show just how important it is that we open no-cost special education resources for families of children with special needs in the Bronx. Thank you so much!
What We Have In Place
- We currently have over 15 years of experience in special ed in NYC, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have in depth knowledge of where to source the information, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $10,948 , allowing us to employ another classroom assistant to provide 1:1 behavioral therapy to a child receiving services.
This research will give us the impact numbers for showing donors and strategic patterns just how important providing access and resources to neighborhoods are disproportionately and systemically under-served.
About The Org
The Inspired Community Project, Inc.
The Inspired Community Project, Inc. is a 501(c)3 nonprofit serving New York City's families of children with special needs. Our mission is to provide early intervention services to children with disabilities, transition support for their families and specialized career training and placement for those living and working in the community we serve. By ensuring our employment is family-centered, our vendors are local, and our dedication is always to the community around us; everyone leaves us inspired and empowered.
What We Do
Our center-based program will provide Early Intervention services to children with special needs in historically underserved and systemically disenfranchised neighborhoods.
Our family support programs will empower our families to advocate for their children and navigate the quagmire that is special education services in New York City.
Our Family-Centered Employment policies will ensure that our staff feel supported and appreciated not just by words but by policy and action.
Our training curriculum, certification support, and career placement will enrich the community with more job opportunities in a field that will not only serve their soul but their career apirations as well.