What We Need
- Recommendations on both styles of recruiting (active vs. passive) and proper channels to pursue candidates
- Guidelines for hiring process, including order and number of interview rounds, reference checks, and general best practices for an inclusive interview
- Effective interviewing techniques and clear, consistent standards for evaluating candidates
- Tips for negotiating details such as compensation package and title
What We Have In Place
- We currently have a barebones policy to work with, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have an HR/DEI specialist to support this project, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $5,776 , allowing us to Further our efforts of building our HR capacity and moving forward our DEI initiatives.
AANE is small non-profit with a very grassroots beginning. We are in the process of updates/creating policy and procedure across all areas of the organization. We would like to infuse our DEI initiatives into our recruiting and hiring processes, but we don't have policy in place to begin from. We are interested in recruiting diverse professionals.
About The Org
The Asperger/Autism Network (AANE) helps people with Asperger's or similar autism spectrum and neurodiverse profiles build meaningful, connected lives. We provide individuals, families, and professionals with information, education, community, support, and advocacy -- all in an inclusive atmosphere of validation and respect.
What We Do
Our primary mission is to assist individuals with an Asperger/autism profile. AANE is also an inclusive community that also serves people who have other neurological differences or who feel our services would be helpful. You do not need to have received a professional Asperger/autism diagnosis to make use of AANE's services.
In addition to the services we provide from our home bases in Massachusetts and New York, AANE works in close partnership with other Asperger and autism organizations throughout the world, as well as disability organizations that offer services relevant to the autism population.