Our leadership staff is looking to create video content for YouTube on a multitude of topics related to our brand (directed towards an external audience. Our advising staff is looking to create video content for our program participants regarding topics we do live presentations on. We are looking for a volunteer to train our staff on the proper delivery of content, ex. Welcome, overview, body of presentation, transition out and close.
This project has become vital to reach our audience during the pandemic. Utilizing video content can serve multiple purposes: previews for student events, recaps for missed events and more.
Our Mission: We break down barriers that prevent young, underserved individuals from achieving education and career success.
Our Vision: To transform communities by making college, training and career success a reality for those who face great obstacles.
On Point for College provides a comprehensive suite of services that allows us to meet our students wherever they are along their post-secondary journeys. To do this, we offer:
* One-on-one advising, including help with preparing college & financial aid applications
* Transportation to & from colleges for semester breaks, emergencies, and placement exams
* A set of basic college & dorm supplies so no student arrives unprepared
* Campus tours during the spring & fall semesters for prospective students
* Ongoing support and advisement throughout their college careers, including visits from On Point staff and connection to on-campus resources
* Career planning, including guidance in selecting a course of study, help with resumes, interview skills, job shadowing, internships, and networking
Anthony showed up to our team meeting prepared and full of ideas and energy. He adapted easily to our team's needs. We would recommend Anthony as a volunteer to any organization looking for a volunteer to champion their video needs.
I really enjoyed working with the On Point for College, everyone had high energy and was well receptive to the advice I was giving, I would definitely like to work with this organization again!