It is time to review and update our Employee Handbook in light of the changing work environments/expectations in the COVID era and commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion. Request particular attention in:
1. changing various types of leave to Paid Time Off
2. removing coded language that is harmful to employees
3. recognizing different types of employees: full-time exempt, part-time, on-call hourly, on-call w/case pay
4. remote work standards, internet safety, records security
In the last 3 years, we've grown from 5 F/T employees & 18 P/T oncall staff to 21 F/T, 4 P/T, and 20 P/T on-call staff. We provide 24/7 services for victims of sexual violence including forensic medical exams at our center. You will help us ensure a strong foundation and common understanding among all personnel now and into the future. This handbook is vital in promoting our organizational culture, values, and expectations. It will not just sit on a shelf. It is a living document.
Mosaic Georgia is a 24/7 Sexual Assault & Children's Advocacy Center. We are here to take action and guide change for the safety, health, and justice of children and adults affected by sexualized violence.
Our services assist victims and their families, our community's response to sexual violence, work to change the climate which allows sexual violence to persist.
Mosaic Georgia has unique features to its work as a Children's Advocacy Center and Sexual Assault Center. In our private center:
* Medical forensic exams (aka "rape kits")
* Forensic interviews for children, vulnerable adults
* Victim Advocacy
* Family Advocacy
* 24/7 Crisis/Help Line
* Counseling & Support Group Services
* Civil Legal Services for victims of sexual assault
* Housing Navigation assistance
* Empowerment Fund
Mosaic Georgia Professional Training for:
* Sexual Assault Nurse Examiners (SANE/SAFE) - didactic & clinical skills
* Law Enforcement - trauma-informed response & investigation
* Educators & College Campus