Our values are clearly defined - what we need help with is writing a new mission statement! Our current mission statement is five points long and totally unfeasible for what it should be doing.
Because we don't have a proper mission statement! As a nonprofit, we need a mission statement that we can all memorize to be successful.
IMPACCT Brooklyn embraces a vision in which people strive together to build an equitable, diverse, engaged, and flourishing community in central Brooklyn.
We pursue five major goals:
* to preserve and develop safe and affordable housing, a basic human right;
* to support a vibrant local commerce
* to sustain and develop an economic, racial, and cultural diversity
* to promote knowledge and concerted action
* to foster an ethic that all members of the community contribute to the greater good.
IMPACCT Brooklyn is one of Brooklyn's premier community development corporations serving the neighborhoods of Bedford Stuyvesant, Clinton Hill, Fort Greene, Downtown Brooklyn, Crown Heights, Prospect Heights, and Prospect-Lefferts Gardens.
We work hand-in-hand with low- and moderate-income community members and stakeholders to preserve and develop affordable housing, provide quality property management, promote commercial revitalization and strengthen local businesses, create homeownership opportunities, protect tenant rights, combat predatory lending practices and prevent home-loss.