What We Need
- Feedback on the current website’s layout, user functionality, mobile-friendliness, visual design, content, and other key features
- Clear articulation of the Organization’s goals for the website
- Recommendations for improvements to help achieve the Organization’s desired goals
- Note: If you are looking for a more specific, in-depth audit of your website's design and usability, try our Website Usability Audit project
What We Have In Place
- We use Wordpress for our website, and don’t plan on changing that. We have a existing Wordpress support contract and outside technical support consultants. Our current strategic plan includes improving our marketing materials, especially the website. We’ve previously applied for a grant for support to redesign the website, so we’ve already thought through some of the challenges and needs.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $12,802 , allowing us to offer afterschool scholarships to 80 low-income families in New York City.
Our website is an essential part of our program operations. We know from speaking to many of our afterschool and Conservatory families that they find the website difficult to use. Internally, our staff finds the website hard to update. An audit will bring fresh eyes to our situation and help us outline clear deliverables and expectations for updating the site. This is the first step in helping us serve our constituents and donors with an organized, frequently updated, easy to navigate website will make them feel more confident in Wingspan Arts.
About The Org
Wingspan Arts' mission is to engage diverse groups, especially young audiences, with a wide range of performing, visual, media, and literary arts.
What We Do
Wingspan Arts provides arts education services to K-12 students in the New York City metro area. We accomplish this by developing professional artist-educators who are inspired by the work they do, and who have a unique gift for sharing their inspiration with students. Our ethnically-diverse teaching artists share their expertise and passion for the arts with young people, many of whom are from low-income neighborhoods and have had little or no previous training in the arts. Since our founding in 2001, thousands of children across the New York metro region have benefited from Wingspan Arts’ customized arts programs, which utilize a wide spectrum of disciplines to address a variety of developmental levels. Wingspan Arts’ core values are Community, Authenticity, Courage, Creativity, Commitment, and Reflection. Through our afterschool, in-school and summer programs, young people gain a better understanding of a complicated, changing world as they study, learn to perform, and express their feelings through the arts.
Jen was great to work with! She asked really insightful questions that helped us understand where our website was succeeding and what we needed to change. The final audit document is very comprehensive and lays out a clear path forward for it. Overall, it was a very successful partnership!
It was a great joy to work with Wingspan Arts. They were so easy to work. Rachel was very accommodating in helping me to research and providing all of the information I needed to better understand the organization. They were very responsive and eager to keep the project on track. I was honored to work with Wingspan Arts and I look forward to the positive changes they will be making to their website in the near future. Any child in NYC that has an opportunity like Wingspan Arts is one lucky child indeed.