Data Collection Plan
Data Collection Plan
What we need
- A set of key metrics to regularly track
- Spreadsheet tool to collect data on key metrics with accompanying tables and graphs for analysis
- Training for best practices on data collection
- Training on how to use the spreadsheet and analyze key metrics
- Note: This project does not include data entry or analysis
I am new to our non-profit. I have taken on a position that has to collect and report data back to funders for payment. What I have inherited are a collection of different excel spreadsheets that have formulas that are not collecting the true data we are looking for. I am looking to create a cleaner and more efficient process for data collection. This will help reduce the amount of work we do right now for reporting out results.
What we have in place
- We currently have Microsoft 365 and use Excel for all data collection, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have Access to help us hopefully create a cleaner process, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How this will help
This project will save us $6,868 , allowing us to better serve our current population and report to our donors a more accurate depiction of the true number of clients we are serving.
Right now we have to report the total clients served and the unique number of clients along with the total number of units we provided serve for. This comes to myself the ED from multiple reports that I then hand enter into and excel spreadsheet that then goes into another spreadsheet. I am hoping to achieve a cleaner more efficient process to reduce time and a more accurate report.
About the org
Greater Ishpeming Commission on Aging
The Greater Ishpeming Commission on Aging is a private non-profit corporation that advocates for and provides services to those sixty years and older who reside in the city of Ishpeming, and the townships of Ishpeming, Ely, Tilden, Humboldt, Champion, Michigamme and Republic.
What we do
The goal of our services and programs is to promote the independence, safety, dignity, and well-being of older adults. Services are provided to allow them to remain living independently in their homes and avoid or delay unnecessary placement in long term care facilities.
Case Worker Services
Medicare and Medicaid Assistance Program
Homemaking and Chores services
Activities in the center include: Cribbage, Mahjong, Pinochle, coffee clutch, Congregate Meals, Art Club, Chair Yoga, Senior Aerobics and more!