What We Need
- Assessment of current donors, volunteers, beneficiaries and other constituents to pinpoint people who are interested in serving your Organization
- Informal staff and board interviews to survey potential connections and/or leads
- A document of up to ten pages that lists potential board members based upon your Organization's data and current audiences
- Note: The Professional will not be communicating with prospective board members.
We are looking to build out our board with at least 5-7 highly engaged members with key skillsets for our mission to ensure perinatal health equity is a reality for every person, every time.
Key Skills Needed:
Academia Expertise - for Midwifery School
Community organizing / program consulting
Fundraising/Strong Networks for Sustainability
Marketing / public relations
Nonprofit legal structures
What We Have In Place
- We currently have a strategic plan and current data for our situation, which should make it easy for you to get started. We also have a recently completed organizational audit with key findings, and the ability to provide any other information you need.
How This Will Help
This project will save us $5,198 , allowing us to stretch our limited budget as we are also currently engaging HR consulting to help our internal organizational plans to support our employees who support the mission of Commonsense Childbirth.
We are thinking about long term sustainability and having proper board governance is critical to the success of our organization in the coming years. We need solid infrastructure and people who are engaged in offering their support and ideas to implement.
About The Org
Commonsense Childbirth's mission is to inspire change in maternal child health care systems; to re-empower the birthing mother, father, family and community by supporting the providers, practitioners and agencies that are charged with their care.
To improve birth outcomes and save lives by offering training and certification programs for healthcare professionals, para-professionals, maternity care systems and medical institutions interested in creating perinatal safety for at-risk populations.