This website will be unavailable on Thursday, December 3, from 5am to 7am EST to perform necessary maintenance.
M.S. in Development, Learning & Instruction from University of Rochester Warner School of Education & Permanent K-12 NY State Teaching Certification
B.A. in Sociology from St. Lawrence University
AREAS OF FOCUS
* Development of education programs with expertise in leadership, strategic planning, collaborative community partnerships, grant writing and grant administration.
* 40+ years experience working in the education field with a passion for creating engaging learning environments, hands-on curricula, and accessibility to resources and best practice models.
* Focus on reaching under-served populations through innovative programs and play-based learning environments in museums, libraries, and community based organizations.
* Expertise on the critical role of toys and play in child development and family literacy.
* Serving as President & Acting Executive Director for Cape Cod Toy Library, Inc.
* Serving on The Harley School, Board of Trustees, Diversity and Finance & Executive Committees, Previously, Strategic Planning Co-Chair
SCOPE OF WORK:
* Co-founding a nationally/internationally recognized Toy Library and outreach programs in Rochester, NY.
o Served in multiple leadership roles to establish its mission and distinctive model and to support operations and to develop volunteer-based outreach programs addressing community needs
o Collaborated with community-based organizations, universities and businesses
o Served as grant writer and grant administrator, newsletter editor, and brochure editor
o Developed training curriculum; co-facilitated training for parents, childcare providers & librarians
o Facilitated space development planning to create engaging play-literacy environments
o Facilitated creation of interactive "Horse Play" Exhibit, outreach programs and events
* Initiating "Partners for Play" community group to advocate for the value of play resulting in brochures: "Menu for Play" & "Taste for Play" and a Community Play Event
* Promoting the Nourish the Children program to support nutrient-rich food for malnourished children
* Serving as Executive Director of Science Linkages in the Community (SLIC)
o Developed inquiry-based Science, Math & Computer Technology Co-Explorers training curricula training for RCSD UPK teachers and childcare providers
o Coordinated 60 Second Science family events at Rochester Museum & Science Center
o Facilitated merging SLIC's outreach programs into RMSC's Education Department
o Facilitated expanding and relocating Micrecycle's computer refurbishing program
* Serving on Children's Institute's Board to support children's social and emotional well-being
o Served as President and Strategic Planning Chair
* Chairing Junior League Start Up Committee for The Discovery Room at George Eastman House
* Serving as Community Impact Director for the Junior League of Rochester
* Serving on Shared Decision Making Teams for Brighton Middle School & Brighton High School
* Co-Chairing the founding committee of Brighton's Parent/Family Resource Center
* Serving on Friends of the Rochester Public Library & Chaired Family Weekend Programming
o Coordinated collaborative Family Play-Literacy Events for Central Library
* Serving as Child Development Advisor for Childcare Quality Council of Directors
* Developing a regional network of educational resources for Center for Independent Living
* Serving as Sunday School Superintendent & President of Church Corporate Body
* Facilitating the opportunity for Rochester Lyric Opera to develop Lyric Theatre at 440 East Ave
* Teaching 5th & 6th grade Science, History and Reading, in Middle School, at The Harley School
FAMILY & FUN:
My husband & I have four grown children, Jen (40), Ben (37), Sam (33) and Will (28) and a grandchild (3) We enjoy visiting them in their various communities (Atlanta, Western MA, San Francisco/Oakland and Boston)
When time permits, I enjoy walking, hiking, sailing, swimming, reading and eco-travel.