The Arc of Northwest Wayne County
Redford, Michigan, USA
MissionOur mission is to build inclusive communities through advocacy, support, and information. We have served children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families in the communities of Plymouth, Redford, Livonia, Canton, Northville, and Garden City for nearly sixty years.
What We DoWe serve children and adults with I/DD like autism, cerebral palsy, and Down syndrome and their families to help them live their lives fully included:
* The Lekotek Play and Toy Lending Library uses toys as tools to support developmental goals and reinforce therapies.
* The After I'm Gone and Guardianship Alternatives Information Network helps people with disabilities and their families plan for the future.
* The Advocacy Program helps people with disabilities and their families access resources in school, during transitions, and throughout adult life.
* The Just Fun Club hosts monthly gatherings that help reduce social isolation and create social connections.
* The Arc NW Athletic Program empowers athletes to improve their fitness, build confidence, and make lasting friendships with opportunities to compete in the Special Olympics.
* The Financial Management Services Program allows people with disabilities to live the lives they choose with support they need.