Our mission is to build inclusive communities through advocacy, support, and information. We have served children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) and their families in the communities of Plymouth, Redford, Livonia, Canton, Northville, and Garden City for nearly sixty years.
What We Do
We serve children and adults with I/DD like autism, cerebral palsy, and Down syndrome and their families to help them live their lives fully included:
* The Lekotek Play and Toy Lending Library uses toys as tools to support developmental goals and reinforce therapies.
* The After I'm Gone and Guardianship Alternatives Information Network helps people with disabilities and their families plan for the future.
* The Advocacy Program helps people with disabilities and their families access resources in school, during transitions, and throughout adult life.
* The Just Fun Club hosts monthly gatherings that help reduce social isolation and create social connections.
* The Arc NW Athletic Program empowers athletes to improve their fitness, build confidence, and make lasting friendships with opportunities to compete in the Special Olympics.
* The Financial Management Services Program allows people with disabilities to live the lives they choose with support they need.