MissionThe official Instagram app only saves stories without music, but there is a website that lets you download files with audio.
What We DoBy default, Instagram users are not able to save their stories with music when they use the option to download directly from the app.
However, there are alternatives to work around this limitation. Some sites allow you to download sound media, whether yours or someone else's, as long as the profile is public. Learn how to save Instagram Stories with music on your phone or computer.
How to save Instagram Stories with music [StorySaver]
Remember that the profile needs to be public to be able to download it. In this tutorial, I used the Story Saver website, which works on desktop and mobile.
1. Open Google Chrome and enter the storysaver.net page;
2. In the "Enter Instagram account username" field, enter the username of who you want to download the stories;
3. Tap "Download," fill in the captcha, and wait for the page to load;
4. You will see all stories posted by that account in the last 24 hours;
5. Tap "Save as Video" below the desired media;
6. The video with sound will open on another page. Press your finger on it and tap "Download video."
1. Open storysaver.net in Safari on iPhone or iPad;
2. In the "Enter Instagram account username" field, enter the user you want to download stories from;
3. Go to "Download," fill in the captcha (check the option "I'm not a robot"), and wait for the page to load;
4. The site will show you all the stories from that account that are still live;
5. Once you find what you want to download, press the "Save as video" button until a menu appears;
6. Tap "Download linked file";
7. The file will be saved to your camera roll.
Although the site also works through the Google Chrome app, you must use Safari to download Instagram stories through iOS, as Apple's browser has the "Download linked file" button.
By the computer
In my PC tests, the page worked in both Safari and Chrome. Follow the steps below:
1. Open the storysaver.net page in your browser;
2. In "Enter Instagram account username," enter the username of the user you want to save the stories;
3. Click "Download," fill in the captcha (check the "I'm not a robot" box and follow the instructions), and wait for the page to load;
4. Find the story and click "Save as video" below it;
5. The media will open in a new window. Right-click on the video to save it;
6. The file will be in your cell phone gallery.