We help people affected by disabilities to live well in their community.
Our mission is to foster barrier-free access, support civil rights and promote inclusion of all people living with disabilities.
Moceans is staffed and guided by members of the community who are experiencing life with a disability. (50% of our staff and 51% of our Board of Directors ).
What We Do
We provide instruction, information guidance and community support for individuals, their families , friends and allies. These include :
- Social and Peer-led support activities.
- Information and Referral to Supports and Services.
- Training in Essential Life Skills
- Youth Transition to Adult Life - Pre- Employment Training and Support
- Advocacy and Community Development
- Community Education