JCYC’s mission is to cultivate and enrich the lives of children and youth from diverse, multi-cultural communities throughout San Francisco and beyond.
What We Do
In 2014, JCYC programs:
• Assist over 3,000 youth to become the first member of their family to attend college;
• Educate over 1,000 youth on the harmful effects of drugs and alcohol;
• Offer the highest quality preschool and child care services for over 200 children aged 2 ½ to 10 years old;
• Provide over 1,200 youth a year with training and work experience through our employment programs;
• Support youth in becoming our future leaders.
At JCYC, we believe in the following values:
Community: We foster a collective desire and passion to support the healthy development of children and youth.
Diversity: We respect and embrace the differences that make all members of our society unique.
Integrity: We conduct ourselves in a manner that is worthy of the trust and confidence placed in us by the communities we serve.
Cooperation: We build strong partnerships to ensure we have the greatest impact on children and youth possible
Compassion: We see in a child that which they cannot see in themselves.
Vision: Like a child, we look ahead with imagination