Greater Midland Community Centers
Midland, Michigan, USA
MissionGreater Midland is network of centers dedicated to creating community and improving wellness by providing education, youth development, sports & recreation, fitness and social connection for every phase of life.
What We DoFor 100 years, the Greater Midland Community Centers have connected Midlanders to one another and created memories that are a part of thousands of families' history. With over 10,000 members, our impact is both visible and our impact is significant. Consider this:
* 326 children enrolled in our early care & education program with over 60% low-income.
* 14,608 school-aged kids enrolled in programs and almost 5,000 in summer camp.
* 16,154 adults participating in fitness & wellbeing programs.
* 13,749 meals served over the summer to low-income residents and over 3,000 families fed through our food banks.
Greater Midland has long been known for its programming and willingness to look beyond the obvious to deliver community-based activities that makes Midland one of the nation's top places to raise a family. We measure our impact across all nine of our sites to ensure that:
* Our youngest learners are ready for school
* All kids are connected to a caring adult
* Our kids and adults are moving every day
* Our seniors are connected to the community