MissionGlobal Kids (GK) develops youth leaders for the global stage through dynamic global education and leadership programs. GK inspires underserved youth to achieve academic excellence, self-actualization, and global competency and empowers them to take action on critical issues facing our world such as globalization, human rights, peace and security, environmental sustainability, discrimination, and global health.
What We DoGlobal Kids offers a range of year-round programs in schools, online, and at our headquarters. We work primarily with underserved middle school and high school youth, and also provide professional development and capacity building services for educators and institutions.
Key ingredients in all Global Kids youth programs are:
- International affairs and global education.
- 21st Century skill building including problem solving, critical thinking, digital literacy, and cross-cultural communication.
- Hands-on leadership opportunities through youth-led peer education, social action campaigns, service learning projects, digital media production, and internships.
- Exposure to and dialogue with experts, policy makers, and activists.
- Focused college and career exploration.
- Youth development support and mentoring by Global Kids staff.
Over a 90% high school graduation rate is maintained despite the multiple challenges faced by youth in underserved communities, and close to 90% of participants go on to attend college. GK alumni become campus leaders and advocates for global engagement and social action.
Following college graduation, GK alumni remain active civic leaders, champions of social justice, and accomplished professionals in fields as varied as international affairs, business, law, healthcare, education, and the non-profit sector.