MissionCWC's mission is to preserve and enhance the water quality, scenic beauty and ecological health of the lakes, streams, wetlands and watersheds of the Chautauqua, NY region. CWC's goals are to:
1. Conserve and achieve healthy ecosystems to support native plant and animal species indigenous to the region,
2. Conserve and achieve high water quality used for drinking, food production/preparation, and recreation,
3. Conserve the scenic beauty of the Chautauqua region, and
4. Build an awareness and understanding of the interconnectedness of the watershed land use and its impact on waterways to promote best land management practices
What We Do1. Conserve lands of the highest ecological, hydrological and scenic value on the natural lakeshores, along tributaries and in the Chautauqua region watershed
2.Educate landowners, businesses, organizations, government officials and other residents on how to reduce and prevent pollution and run-off from entering lakes and waterways
3. Educate landowners, businesses, organizations, government officials and other residents on how to reduce and prevent nutrient and sediment loading of lakes and waterways
4.Provide technical assistance to landowners, service providers, municipal officials, developers and contractors that will reduce and prevent water pollution and shoreline and stream bank erosion.
5. Provide information, insight and tools to empower people to be effective stewards of watersheds, waterways and other ecological resources.