The Bob Marshall Wilderness Foundation connects Americans with their wilderness heritage by providing access to and stewardship of one of the world's most spectacular places -Montana's Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex. We help hundreds of hard-working volunteers, including youth, develop a land ethic and give back to the wilderness by opening trails, restoring heavily used areas, maintaining historic structures and fighting weeds.
What We Do
The Bob Marshall Wilderness Foundation:
* Provides conservation stewardship for the crown jewel of American Wilderness - the Bob Marshall Wilderness Complex
* Engages youth and adults in life changing back country experiences
* Helps keep open 1700 miles of trail to quite places
* Ensures that future generations will continue to have access to 'The Bob'
* Helps keep the wilderness wild and preserve habitat for the lower 48's largest elk heard by fighting invasive species
* Is raising the next generation of Wilderness stewards through internships and apprenticeships that teach traditional skills and set career paths
* Is a non-profit, tax deductible 501(c)3 organization dependent on donations