Arvada Community Food Bank, Inc. dba Community Table
Arvada, Colorado, USA
MissionSince 1982, Community Table has been building a stronger, more resilient community by providing nourishment and support to families in need.
What We DoCommunity Table provides hunger relief, emergency financial assistance, self-sufficiency programs and support services for struggling families across the northern metro Denver area, including:
CLIENT CHOICE PANTRY. Those in need choose their favorite foods based on household size and a nutritious shopping list. This alternative to traditional emergency food distribution provides people with dignity and a feeling of ownership.
DRIVE-THRU AND WALK-UP FOOD BOXES. In response to the pandemic, we now offer safe, noncontact pick up of prepackaged food boxes that include fresh produce, canned and boxed goods, dairy products, meat, milk, bread and personal care items.
FEEDING THE FUTURE. Provides hungry children and homeless teens with snacks, ready-to-eat meals and weekend food to help ensure that all students are well-nourished and ready to learn.
MOBILE FOOD PANTRY. Brings food to under-served communities, including seniors and disabled adults at low-income housing complexes, homeless students at community college campuses, families living in "weekly" motels, seasonal farmworkers at mobile home parks and more.
USDA Partnership Programs. Additional monthly food assistance for very low-income families and seniors. Families must meet income and other guidelines.
* The Emergency Food Assistance Program (TEFAP)
* Commodities Supplemental Food Program (CSFP) For adults 60+.
BRIDGES TO OPPORTUNITY. Assists families in need with the support and resources they need to lift themselves out of poverty, including:
* Emergency Financial Assistance for rent, utilities, deposits, medical co-payments and more
* Public Benefits Application Assistance for food stamps, health care, veterans care, disabilities and more
* Community Resource Navigation for human service resources, information and referrals--all in one place
* GED Tutoring and Test Preparation
* Client Computer Room available to apply for public benefits; search for housing, resources and job opportunities; work on resumes; GED study and practice; improve computer skills; and more.
* Homelessness Support to help improve the lives of people experiencing homelessness, including registration for the Severe Weather Shelter Network, hosting Living Well Showers and much more.
COMMUNITY TABLE HEALTH CLINIC. In partnership with the Red Rocks Community College Physician Assistant Program, this onsite clinic offers FREE basic medical care for adults without health insurance and people experiencing homelessness. The clinic also provides free dental care, health fares, flu shots, vaccines and soon mental health care and podiatry.