Senior Manager, Email Marketing
Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. Here are some ways to get to know us better:
About Role and the Department
As the Senior Manager, Email Marketing you will work collaboratively with our channel marketers and audience leads to execute insightful email marketing campaigns focused on registration, user activation, and retention. Holistically, you’ll be responsible for helping our customers get the most value out of our products and building a strong relationship with our brand. Tactically, you’ll be responsible for the ongoing segmentation, data analysis, and content creation tailored to each audience.
The person best suited for this role is creative, results-oriented with proven ability to drive processes, even when resources are limited. This role is a special opportunity for someone who enjoys the intersection of digital marketing and product, using data and storytelling to help thousands of skills-based volunteers and nonprofits connect virtually.
This role will report to our Marketing & Communications Director.
- Highly Systematic: You get stuff done, with an inclination toward action and execution. You can self-manage your workload and prioritize tasks to meet deadlines.
- Sharp Analyst: You have a problem-solving mindset, with a focus on turning audience insights into results-driven content and channel marketing strategies.
- Imaginative and Empathetic Communicator: You are able to write both creatively and directly in order to create powerful campaigns. You are consistently thoughtful about how your message will be received across a wide and diverse readership, and you have an appreciation for how the relationship between text and visual design can help your message land.
- Flexible Operator: You are hungry for responsibility and comfortable working in an agile environment with evolving strategies. You collaborate seamlessly across teams and functions, and you are able to effectively solicit inputs and communicate what you need from your teammates to get things done.
Responsibilities of the Senior Manager, Email Marketing
- Define and drive email segmentation strategy to increase engagement across all email streams; including onboarding, transactional messages, drip campaigns, and re-engagement efforts
- Lead projects and ensure start to finish success in coordination with colleagues; potential to manage a member of the email team
- Execute, optimize, and analyze weekly email campaigns, end-to-end
- Identify effective ways to better target subscribers via segmentation, a/b testing, and personalization tactics
- Lead initiative to streamline customer email communications and own Email Service Providers vendors across the whole organization
- Own editorial excellence and segmentation opportunities across our newsletter products with a focus on developing compelling content that drives activation and brand loyalty among audiences with diverse backgrounds and accessibility needs
- Contribute experience and understanding of marketing and engagement approaches targeting underrepresented communities, to support Catchafire’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion in the audiences we serve
Experience / Background
In order to be successful in this role you must meet most, if not all, of the following needs:
- Strong project management with around 4 years email marketing experience within SaaS or high-volume setting, collaborating with a diverse group of cross-functional stakeholders; you likely have at least 6 years of professional experience
- Robust experience with email marketing software or automation such as MailChimp, Pardot, Sendgrid or Intercom
- Top-notch written, verbal & visual communications skills with the ability to adapt your approach to resonate with a variety of audiences - ability to write effective on-brand copy is a necessity
- Experience designing and/or executing marketing programs that effectively engaged underrepresented or marginalized groups — such as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color; LGBTQ2IA+ communities; religious minorities; and people with disabilities
- Familiarity with and a commitment to continued learning and development in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) issues and topics through professional and/or personal spaces. Understanding of DEI issues within the Philanthropy and Nonprofit sectors a plus
- Facility with reporting and data analysis (Google Analytics, FullStory, Microsoft Excel, basic SQL, etc.). Comfort with HTML a plus
If our values resonate with you, email your resume and portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org and specify "Senior Manager, Email Marketing" in the subject line.
Catchafire’s office is based in New York City, though we will be working remotely until at least April 2021 due to COVID-19.
We are open to candidates who are located in the New York City metro region or San Francisco Bay Area with the ability to come into an office at least a few times a week once it is safe to do so. We will continue to assess our return date and when we will resume work travel as the situation progresses, and consider our employees’ safety as a top priority.
Catchafire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are also welcoming to any reasonable accommodations that can be made for candidates in our hiring process.