Manager, Nonprofit Engagement
Catchafire is a full service, on-demand solution designed to address the wide-ranging and complex needs of nonprofits by connecting them with talented pro bono professionals. We partner with major funders (read more here) to provide unlimited access to Catchafire to tens of thousands of nonprofits ready to invest in the growth of their organizations and the impact of their service.
Our mission is simple: catalyze positive social change by building a stronger nonprofit sector fueled by talent abundance. Here are some ways to get to know us better:
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Manager, Nonprofit Engagement builds and strengthens our relationships with nonprofit members and is a nonprofit subject matter expert. You are a face and voice of Catchafire for our nonprofit users, drawing people to you and to Catchafire. You will do this in several ways: (1) help to educate & onboard our nonprofit professionals about our platform through major speaking engagements and 1:1 advising; (2) start and facilitate a recurring support group with our Executive Directors who identify as BIPOC; (3) elevate the Nonprofit Engagement team by bringing your creative ideas, unique experience, and innovations; and (4) represent and advocate for the nonprofit voice in internal decision making in the context of our broader business objectives.
- Effective presenter: Being a professional public speaker every day is your dream job. You inspire confidence in others as a credible expert when you speak and can control the room. You understand how and why to speak in compelling, relevant, and accessible ways to everyone in a room.
- Effective educator: You can identify the right words or visuals that will help your audience understand complicated concepts in a simple way. You create new solutions when you don’t have the right tools available to help you teach effectively.
- Effective relationship builder: You are able to build and sustain relationships, and you utilize your lived experience and storytelling skills to be relatable to a range of audiences, from senior management to staff and volunteers. Your passion is clear to those who hear you speak.
- Host multiple webinars per week onboarding nonprofits to our platform, acting as a professional and enthusiastic ambassador of Catchafire
- Create and facilitate a branch of our Executive Director Support Group specifically for BIPOC EDs, cultivating the right subject matter and support for their communicated needs
- Consult with individual nonprofit organizations as a Nonprofit Advisor, sharing expertise and making recommendations on which volunteer projects will fulfill their needs
- Participate in the creation of webinars about topics such as marketing, fundraising, or strategic planning to increase nonprofit success on Catchafire within your own areas of business expertise
- Utilize your experience to help improve our scoped projects available to nonprofits
- This role will not be traveling in 2021, but may travel up to 25% of the time beginning in 2022
EXPERIENCE / BACKGROUND
You must have:
- Several years of progressive experience (likely 7+ years) specifically working for a nonprofit organization
- A deep understanding of the nonprofit sector and its challenges
- Confidence and experience in public speaking
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience presenting to and working with marginalized groups — such as Black, Indigenous, and People of Color; LGBTQ2IA+ communities; religious minorities; and people with disabilities
- Familiarity with and a commitment to continued learning and development in Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) issues and topics through professional and/or personal spaces. We are open to a broad range of ways a candidate may have developed this interest or had exposure to these concepts
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities
If our values resonate with you, email your resume to [email protected]. Please specify "Manager, Nonprofit Engagement"in the subject, and please include the following in lieu of a cover letter:
- In this role, you'll be speaking publicly to hundreds of nonprofit organizations every week. Please include a video of you speaking---either a link to something you’ve already done, or a quick intro to give us an idea of your speaking style.
- In a brief written response (150 words or less), tell us the one thing you wish you could change about the nonprofit sector.
Catchafire’s office is based in New York City. We are open to candidates who are not located here, but are near a major airport and willing to travel to New York at least a few times a year (once it is safe to do so) in addition to work-related travel related to your role.
We will be working remotely as long as COVID-19 persists, and provide accommodations to help with your home office set up. We will continue to assess our return date and when we will resume work travel as the situation progresses, and consider our employees’ safety a top priority.
Catchafire is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. We are also welcoming to any reasonable accommodations that can be made for candidates in our hiring process.