WordPress Website Construction
A project for The Letters Project
May 20, 2013
Pro Bono Time
We're re-tooling our entire brand and need a new, hipper, website to reflect the changes we're making and our new identity. We've also requested Visual Brand & Logo Design and Brand Messaging projects to be completed by pro bono professionals.
Our new website must be an experience that allows for video, audio, pictures and text content. Since it will showcase crowd-sourced posts, it's important that the website is user friendly, interactive and inviting, similar to the Ford Social website.
We're looking for something that's flexible enough to grow with the organization, and easy to update as necessary. This is the kind of project for someone who will take design risks and has a lot of big ideas.
Armed with a beautiful design that fits with your Visual Brand, scintillating copy and a road map for intuitive User Interface (UI) you are ready for the final phase before launching your glorious new WordPress website -- construction. Your pro bono professional designer brings it all together under one url and trains staff on how to update content.
Note: This project does not include custom plug-in or theme development. WordPress provides hundreds of free or purchase plug-ins and over 1,500 themes. For theme customization, please see WordPress Website Visual Design.
- Experience developing WordPress websites.
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Portfolio examaples you can share with an organization.
- A completed Design Brief.
- Finalized copy.
- Design mockups of key pages.
- A detailed plan for User Interface (UI).
- A stock WordPress theme chosen from WordPress.org or an original theme designed for you in WordPress.
- A dedicated staff member willing to collaborate with the Professional and assist with legwork in order to ensure timely and successful completion.