A project for tay-bandz/kids curing cancer
Feb. 12, 2013
Pro Bono Time
tay-bandz is re-doing our web site to emphasis our mission to raise funds for pediatric cancer research. The Government has again this year cut spending for pediatric cancer research. Private philanthropy is all these ill children have. Through a photo essay (which i hope to display on the home page of the tay-bandz web site), I want to pull at the heart strings of my audience and grab their attention. I feel photography can portray such a powerful message. Thank you!
Photography is a powerful way for an organization to showcase its work, the communities and constituents it serves, and create a visual and emotional appeal to its supporters. A photo essay is a set or series of photographs with captions that tells a story - the progression of events, emotions, and concepts. A photo essay communicates an organization's work in a compelling way to drive social awareness for its cause. View a great example of a photo essay here.
- A professional photographer that will work with you over 1-2 days to capture your desired images
- A 7-15 image photo essay delivered in electronic format at resolution suitable for website and online book
- Digital files on DVD at resolutions appropriate for each agreed upon use
- Training/instructions on how to upload and use the images
The organization and the photographer meet for an initial brainstorming session to discuss the organization's objectives, current ideas, key stories, and the use of photos for outreach.
The organization gathers materials and data to inform the photographer about the organization. The photographer researches the subject/organization/data and develops an initial proposal.
The photographer combines all materials received to present the organization with a creative proposal. The proposal includes the subject matter to be covered, the time frame needed to complete the project and the deliverables.
The photographer and organization conduct a meeting to review and make any changes, if necessary, to the proposal. The organization will answer any outstanding questions and provide any missing materials/content/access to the photographer.
The photographer photographs and conducts post-production.
The photographer creates a photo essay with suggested captions and other photographs needed as communications material for the organization. The organization reviews for accuracy of content and signs off on the content.
The photographer provides a finished piece for final review. Once approved, the photographer provides digital files on DVD at resolutions appropriate for each agreed upon use (web, printed materials, other).
Please Note: 1) All rights (including copyright) are reserved to the photographer. The organization can not use any images until the photographer gives written permission (this is to make sure the organization uses only the highest quality images and protects the photographer from having unfinished work published). 2) The photographer must be appropriately credited alongside any and all uses of the images (editorial, print, web etc.). The photographer’s exact credit must be given upon delivery of final images to ensure proper credit.
- At least 2 years of experience working as an amateur, student, or professional photographer
- Proficiency with photo editing software such as Adobe Illustration or Adobe Photoshop
- Experience producing an issue based photo essay
- Experience working with and access to digital cameras
- Geographic proximity to the organization, or willingness to travel
- Ability to provide previous samples of work or a portfolio
- Understanding of objective, target audience, intended use, as well as established branding guidelines and marketing materials for content development
- Ability to provide factual supporting data and any relevant photography/logos/visual content
- Ability to cover photographer expenses, if necessary
- Rights/permission to use any proprietary information, model releases necessary for the photographs