Social Media Starter Plan
A project for Southern Documentary Fund
Pro Bono Time
SDF is based in Durham NC but we serve documentary artists from around the American South. Having a robust social media presence seems key to building our brand and community (artists and supporters). Over the last six months, SDF has vastly expanded our social media efforts. We're on Facebook (posting about 2+ times a week), on Twitter, have a Vimeo channel, and are about to start up a Tumblr page. But currently we're running on pure instinct, with no clear strategy or objectives, or how to measure if what we're doing is working. The other issue is capacity -- SDF has 2 half time employees, so our social media efforts need to be efficient, and probably combined in some way. That said, we want to use the different platforms uniquely, not just posting the same stuff everywhere! Please help us expand our reach and our impact with these powerful tools. The project will be managed by Executive Director Rachel Raney.
If you're feeling “friendless” in the “twittersphere” and tweets, shares, memes, hashtags, microblogs and permalinks are all just tumblrspeak to you, then this might be just the project. The Starter Plan is your organization’s entry point into the world of possibilities for you in Social Media. Work with an expert to determine the best channels for your demographic, create a presence and craft a strategy on the road ahead.
- Background in marketing, communications or a comparable relevant field.
- Working knowledge of social networking sites and how to build a following.
- Ability to provide examples of previously developed social media presence.
- A web site and, ideally, logo and visual brand.
- Thoughts about the audience and key messages you need to convey.
- A dedicated staff member willing to collaborate with the Professional and assist with legwork in order to ensure timely and successful completion.
Could you please provide an update on the status of this project request? Is it still active?