Donor Relations Strategy
A project for KidZNotes
Pro Bono Time
The Triangle Corporate Battle of the Bands is the largest corporate fundraising event for charities in the Triangle (Raleigh-Durham-Chapel Hill). The advertising firm, McKinney, founded and hosts the Battle of the Bands as an awareness building event and fundraiser for a different charity every year. The event raises an average of $60,000 in corporate sponsorships and over $100,000 in combined in-kind and cash support for charity every year.
KidZNotes has been selected as the charity recipient of the 2012 Triangle Corporate Battle of the Bands, and seeks support in creating a corporate donor relations strategy to maintain and build on our new corporate relationships developed through the Battle. We would like the Battle to serve as the kick-off for the development of a new corporate donor relations strategy to support the fundraising goals of our 3 year strategic plan. To support our growth plan, KidZNotes has goals of raising $135,000 in 2012-13 and $125,000 in 2013-14 in corporate sponsorships.
In nonprofit terms, donors are our investors and our cheerleaders. They deserve to feel recognized but in the stress of running an organization, they can sometimes feel unappreciated. A great Donor Relations strategist is one part Holly Golightly and one part Felix Ungar. They’ll not only help you delight and engage your supporters but work with you to create a meticulous type A tracking system for giving history so you’re never caught short on the data.
- Background in strategic consulting, communications, member engagement, or comparable relevant field.
- Ability to create a strategic and actionable plan for donor relations and donor managament.
- Experience with fundraising or donor management is recomended.
- An Executive Director and Board committed to the project.
- A dedicated staff member willing to collaborate with the Professional and assist with legwork in order to ensure timely and successful completion.
- An existing donor base.
- A document with your organization’s comprehensive donor history.
- Ability and motivation to allocate financial and staff resources to implement recommended activities.