A project for Jayme's Fund for Social Justice
Pro Bono Time
Jayme's Fund has held many concerts through the years that have been successful and enjoyed by the community. For our 10 year anniversary, we would like to plan a special event (not a concert) that will include as much of the community as possible; as well as raising much needed funds!
We have a teddy bear project going on right now that is generating alot of interest from the community. Perhaps a fundraising event could be designed around this theme. We look forward to working with an experienced event planner to share creative ideas and to utilize our community support in order to execute a successful and memorable fundraising event. We are looking to have this event sometime in the spring of 2013 and would like to have the event in New Hampshire.
From the audience perspective, a successful event is like an exciting, well choreographed ballet: perfectly timed and seemingly effortless. And yet, behind the scenes it’s really a whirlwind: committee meetings, vendor negotiations, spreadsheets and mountains of detail. A seasoned event professional will tame the logistical beast, designing a seamless event flow and troubleshooting night of, leaving staff free to impress guests with your organization’s unique vision.
- 2+ years of successful fundraising or promotional event planning experience.
- Previous experience with logistics for large-scale events.
- Geographic proximity to the organization, or willingness to travel.
- References for two past events.
- A large-scale fundraising, donor cultivation or product launch event on the horizon.
- A secured venue.
- A planning committee and staff to support the event planner
- Ample lead-time (2-3 months minimum) depending on the size of the event.
Does the event planner have to be local? I am interested in this project but I live in Boston.