WordPress Website Construction
A project for Interaction Institute for Social Change
Pro Bono Time
IISC is perfectly positioned for this project because we already have a blog that is operating on a wordpress platform. Our website, on the other hand, is using Drupal and while having that content management system is better than nothing, it is not at all satisfactory. Plus, our website is overly static and crying out for something more! The intention is to merge the website and blog such that the blog is incorporated into the website, the look and feel of IISC is retained, and additional functionality beyond what we currently have is introduced. Our goal is to create one site from what we can effectively inform and interact with our stakeholders.
Armed with a beautiful design that fits with your Visual Brand, scintillating copy and a road map for intuitive User Interface (UI) you are ready for the final phase before launching your glorious new WordPress website -- construction. Your pro bono professional designer brings it all together under one url and trains staff on how to update content.
Note: This project does not include custom plug-in or theme development. WordPress provides hundreds of free or purchase plug-ins and over 1,500 themes. For theme customization, please see WordPress Website Visual Design.
- Experience developing WordPress websites.
- Working knowledge of CSS and HTML.
- Portfolio examaples you can share with an organization.
- A completed Design Brief.
- Finalized copy.
- Design mockups of key pages.
- A detailed plan for User Interface (UI).
- A stock WordPress theme chosen from WordPress.org or an original theme designed for you in WordPress.
- A dedicated staff member willing to collaborate with the Professional and assist with legwork in order to ensure timely and successful completion.