1-3 Minute Video | Filming & Editing
A project for Institute for Women's Policy Research
Pro Bono Time
The video could feature footage from our events and endorsements from recognized advocates, policymakers, and legislators. We can provide some raw footage but would need assistance in compiling and editing the video. Also, the volunteer could provide one day of filming when he/she does short interviews with IWPR staff and allies giving endorsements of our work.
The video should include footage of our events, clips of individuals endorsing our work, graphics and quotes, and music. We would like it to be catchy and fast-moving but still reflect the mission of our organization, as reputable, accurate research organization for issues critical to women and families.
Viral videos aren’t just the provenance of fluffy kittens and wayward celebrities. Do good orgs can too! Bring in one of our professional filmmakers to script, direct and edit a polished, fast paced 1-3 minute video that synthesizes your most powerful messages and makes the viewer desperate to know more.
EXPECTED NUMBER OF MEETINGS
NOTE: If both parties agree, this project may be executed virtually via videoconference. Please refer to our Best Practices for Pro Bono
- 3+ years experience filming and editing commercial or documentary films with an emphasis on trailers and sizzle reels.
- Access to an up to date HD camera and edit system (Final Cut, Avid or Adobe Premiere).
- A reel of past work to show.
- A completed Project Brief.
- An Executive Director committed to the Project.
- Agreed upon objectives, target audience, intended use, as well as established branding guidelines and marketing materials for content development.
- A draft outline/script to be polished in collaboration with Professional.
- Triple checked text for opening titles, end credits and lower thirds.
- Signed clearances and location releases for all subjects and locations. Also, clearance for music or confirmation of open source availability.
- A staff member with time to dedicate to working closely with the Professional for the duration of the project.